Thursday, April 22, 2010

Green is Good

April 22, 2010

Today is Earth Day 2010. Earth Day always makes me think back to Ms. Walker in Biology II. I was so excited that I chose her name for Teacher Appreciation week. At the end of the week she gave me a gift as a thank you for everything that week and it was my first Earth Day t-shirt. I absolutely loved it and wore it until it literally fell apart. Ms. Walker had such a positive impact on my life and the two memories really bring joy to my heart.

Fast forward way more years than I care to admit to Earth Day 2010. We have been blessed with an amazing spring and everything around us is blooming and alive. At work today, I was walking back across campus Rendi and Lynette and we were talking about how beautiful everything is right now. Both ladies told me how much they love taking pictures when everything is so green and how much it impacts pictures.

I couldn't wait to get dinner out of the way tonight so that I could try my hand at green photos. Let me know what you think.




















2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pics are so cute!! Can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Gabi Dickinson said...

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me leaving you a comment. I noticed you have a heart for Him and are a follower of Katie Davis' blog. I'm a 26 year old woman from England who has been called of God to become a Mama to many Ugandan children. I move to Uganda in January of next year and will be taking in children & loving them, just like Katie. I wondered if you might perhaps be interested in my blog. The link is:
www.icarryyouinme.wordpress.com
If you aren't, please just ignore this message. 
Have a lovely day!
Gabi