Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kyle Kahl is Kool! Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ryan is excited that Kyle Kahl got to come and spend two nights with us this past weekend. Kyle was actually born the day that we found out we were pregnant with Ryan. What a small world! Kyle lives way out in the country the other side of Abilene from us, so our families don't get to see each other near as often as we would all like.

We picked Kyle up and headed to Chuck E Cheese. The two boys were so excited to be turned loose with almost 200 tokens. Emerson actually enjoyed herself and played for almost two hours. This is the first trip that she has sat on the rides and smiled. She even rode the carousel. I wish that I had been able to snap a few more pictures, but all I had was my iphone. The boys were very kind to share quite a few of the tickets that they earned with smaller kids (just like Ryan received countless times from strangers).







Sunday evening my mom and I took the 3 kids to the Abilene Swim Club for a few hours. Ryan and Kyle swam like pros and my mom and I hung out in the shallow end with Emerson. Emerson didn't fuss too much about wearing her floaties and enjoyed being in the "baby section." I packed a nice picnic of "pool sandwiches" (turkey and cheese with mustard), Doritos and Chips Ahoy and we washed it down with Capri Sun. Ryan loves having pool sandwiches and eats as quickly as he can so he can get back in the water.

















No comments: