Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend Adventures, August 1st

Having two extra little boys at the house Saturday was a lot of fun. Brad was so kind and brought home McDonald's for everybody so I didn't have to cook breakfast. The boys had a great time eating together.








I didn't get any pictures of Ryan's room and wish that I had. I am amazed at what a mess can be made in just a few minutes. I have definitely relaxed a lot over the years. When Ryan was little and had friends over, I would cringe at the thought of the hours it would take me to reorganize every toy in the right bin. Now, I just want the toys to stay in the room and not seep out in the hall. Several times, I had the boys take 5 minutes and pick up what they could before they started playing again.

Kallan, Kason, and Ryan were all so good about including Emerson as much as possible. She loved going into Ryan's room and playing Thomas the train, Legos, and Transformers.





I took the boys to meet their mom late afternoon and Ryan was so sad to see them go. We already made a playdate for Ryan to go to their house Tuesday.

Ryan, Emerson, and I made a quick trip through the mall. Dillards was having a great sale and Brad really needed some new shirts for his new job he starts on Monday. We made out like bandits. I was able to get him 7 button-up shirts for less than a $100. I was thrilled! Brad has been wearing scrubs for the last 15 months and now gets to wear "normal" clothes. He couldn't believe how many "table cloth" shirts I bought for him. I even showed him the receipt which I never would have done if I had been able to look at shoes for me. I tried to take a little time to look at the Women's Dillards for me, but Emerson decided that she needed to be carried everywhere. We walked (Emerson was carried) back through the mall and made a pit stop at Coastal Cookies for a cookie and drink for each of us. Everyone felt much better and we called it a day.


No comments: