Friday, July 31, 2009

We love the Christopher's!

Friday, July 31st

I called Mendy today to see how her week was and she invited me, Ryan, and Emerson over for hamburgers. I was so excited because we don't get to see each other often enough! We got to their house about 6:30 and Ryan immediately made himself at home with Kallan and Kason.

Cody cooked out great hamburgers with Heinz 57 sauce basted on. Everyone enjoyed the hamburgers and wide variety of chips. Emerson loved getting to sit at the table with the big boys.

After dinner we went out in the garden and Mendy and I hunted for crops ready to pick while Cody carried Emerson around the yard. We have been blessed with a lot of rain and all of the ground is really soft and muddy.

The boys spent the entire evening playing Wii, Legos, and gun fights. They were all 3 really kind and careful when Emerson wanted to come in their room to play. I wish that I had gotten their picture, but they were too busy.

Emerson fell in love with Mendy's little pink vacuum cleaner. I was so thankful to get a little video of her before the Flip Video croaked, but Cody let me use this camera to take two other videos I will get later. Emerson was so funny because she knew that the vacuum needed to be plugged in and was very adamet about it! She then wanted to take the cord and put it in the floor, but she did this whole body wiggle that cracked us all up!

We had such a great time and stayed until after 10. I couldn't believe that Emerson stayed awake the entire 40 minute ride home. It did help that she had all 3 boys in the Jeep to entertain her. Kallan, Kason, and Ryan settled in for the night at our house and got up at the crack of down this morning to continue playing.

Should be fun to see what's in store for us today!












No comments: