Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

Today my dad would have turned 54 and I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos since Ryan was born.

I wish so much for my dad to still be here on earth. I wish that he was here to be a daily part of my life and my children's lives. I wish that he had met Emerson because I know he would have loved her so much. I wish that Ryan had more motorcycle rides with his Papa. I wish that my dad were here to hug me one more time and tell me how much he loved me.

But God has a different plan for me and my dad. God knows that I am strong enough to keep loving my dad and loving Him even after my dad's death. God knows that I have grown closer to Him in a way that I had never known possible that year as I mourned my daughter and my dad. God knows that my dad gave more to me in 29 years than a lot of kids get in an entire lifetime with their parents. God knows that I treasure every day that I had with my dad and truly understand the phrase, "love like there is no tomorrow."

Happy Birthday Dad!


My dad holding Ryan--being a Papa definitely suited him


My dad and Ryan hanging out


Swimming at Aunt Jill's house


Ryan's first ride on Papa's new Goldwing


Horsing around with Miriam and Ryan before bed


Loving the new gocart


Disney World


First trip to Ruidoso


Bluebonnet hugs


Impromptu family picture at Miriam's birthday party


Ryan's 6th birthday party


Our only time to make it to the Rally in Ruidoso


Natural Bridge Caverns


Grandpa's Surprise Birthday Lunch


Day after Thanksgiving at Perini's


The last picture I ever took of my dad, the Christmas Light Ride for Fellowship Riders

No comments: