Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homecoming Parade

Saturday morning kicked off with a grand parade down N 16th and Campus Court. We found a great place across from the library and my mom was able to meet us. I have struggled with Abilene parades the last few years because they have turned into nothing but a new car show. ACU's Homecoming Parade was anything but a car show. This parade was awesome! It had the Big Purple Band, cheerleaders, athletes, Homecoming Court and Coming Home Court, and Social Groups galore. I was in awe at the costumes, singing, and dance routines that paraded in front of us. By far, this is the best Abilene parade I have been to in many, many years. It was fun to get all dressed up in our ACU best. I bought Emerson this cheerleading outfit my first week working at ACU and she did NOT like it--not one bit. It took a lot of coaxing to even get it on her that morning, but once it was on, she loved it. She was such a big hit everywhere we went.

Homecoming Chapel followed the parade and we had designated seats on the floor. Dr. Money presented the big check showing how much money the Class Reunions (4s & 9s) had given to the University since their last reunion. It was great to see! It was neat to be involved with all of the activities and I can't wait for next year.

























No comments: