Sunday, April 19, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Today was the last performance of the 2009 Children's Performing Arts Series at the Paramount. I took Ryan to see Dr. Dolittle. This play had an interesting twist and the story was also told using sign language. It was great to see sign language in action as I have been using it with Emerson for about 7 months. Of course, our communication is very limited and not at all like we saw today. Ryan really liked seeing signs that he knew and the performers were great.

My mom was gracious to watch Emerson this afternoon while Ryan and I hung out at the Paramount. Mom told her that she had to wear her hat if she wanted to go outside and lo and behold she had a hat on when I got there. Mom helped me plant 8 pots with various herbs and vegetables. Our ground is so terrible that I can't imagine how much work it would take to have a real garden. My idea is to grow the vegetables in pots so they can have actual soil. Emerson came and helped us too while Ryan looked for sticks to put across the pots to keep the cats out. Oh the joys of country living! I wish that I had my camera with me to show just how dirty Emerson was by the time we came home. We put the pots out in the yard and we will cross our fingers that we will have actual food late next month. For starters we are growing zucchini, squash, egg plant, cucumbers, red bell peppers, banana peppers, flat leaf parsley, & cilantro.

On a side note, Brad brought home a tiny kitten early last night. She is orange with little while feet. She slept with us last night and was quite well behaved. Ryan got up at 6:30 this morning and played with her for two solid hours. Emerson is absolutely in love and wants to carry the kitty everywhere. We keep reminding her only pat pat (not grab by the neck). I will try and get a picture tomorrow (of the kitten) so you can fall in love too.

No comments: