Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I put Emerson to bed tonight and got a few minutes to check out my favorite blogs. On Kelly's Korner she linked a video from Hootie aka Darius Rucker. It was so moving and hits home just show short a time our kids are little. I look back at pictures of Ryan from just a couple of years ago when my dad was alive and I can't believe how small he was. Emerson is only 15 months old and it feels like she was born yesterday but now she is running and putting together little sentences. I know that I will blink and she will be heading off to kindergarten. I want to treasure every day with my kids and relish each stage that they are in. I love that nothing in the world makes Emerson happy like her mommy. I love when she runs up to me with her arms straight up and can't wait for me to hold her tight. I love nursing her to sleep every night and singing You are my Sunshine over & over. I love how she climbs in my lap so I can read her book after book after book. I love to dress her in pretty little dresses with frilly socks and matching headbands. I feel so privileged to be a mom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6JHXHWZLpU

No comments: