Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birthday to Remember





Today I turned 32, not 25 as I tried to pass for. Ryan promptly told everyone that I was indeed 32 not 25. Thanks Ryan!

I have really enjoyed my birthday this year. Aunt Jill took me out for lunch at the Bee Hive and we had today's special, loaded baked potato soup, a prime rib sandwich with au jus dip, and these tiny shredded potatoes. It was wonderful and I always enjoy hanging out with Jill. We had Italian cream cake at the office this afternoon and I was surprised how many people actually liked the cake. One of our print vendors sent us an Italian Cream Cake about 10 or 11 years ago and I was instantly hooked.

My grandparents had us over for dinner (fantastic meatloaf, potatoes, peas, and strawberry shortcake). My mom, Aunt Jill, Tyler, Jesse, and Zoey all came to join in the celebration and start a new family event. Tyler wants us to get together more often so we are going to start sharing a meal together as a family (or as many of us as can get there) every couple of weeks. I think it is a great idea and I am really looking forward to the next dinner. Ryan had a good time entertaining both the babies. Zoey would smile at him and squeal with delight. I sat with both the little ones at a wagon full of Mega Blocks. I was really surprised when Emerson handed the legos to Zoey and even gave her the prized Mega Blocks boy who says "Mega Blocks" when you push his tummy. What a sacrafice.

My Aunt Cindy just got a new Flip Video camcorder for her upcoming trip and just knew that I would love one too. So, my grandparents, Aunt Cindy, and Aunt Jill got one for my birthday. It is the coolest little camcorder and I love it! It is very compact, shoots 60 minutes of video, and has software that I can actually use. I shot a couple little videos tonight and can't wait to shoot more. My mom got me a really great gift card to Kohl's which I cannot wait to go and use!

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Brad is off and I have asked mom to watch the kids so that Brad and I can go see a movie. I am a huge Nicholas Cage fan and he has a new movie out (well, new to me anyway) that I really want to see. It will be so nice to spend a couple of hours alone with my hubby.


1 comment:

Katie K said...

Love the video of Emerson! Super cute!