Saturday, May 16, 2009

King Tut

On Thursday, May 14, 2009, Ryan and I made the drive over to Dallas to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art.

I remember mom and dad taking the 3 of us girls to see the Ramsey's exhibit in Fort Worth when I was young and how much I enjoyed it.

Ryan and I dropped Emerson off at Pioneer Drive that morning and drove to the Metroplex. We stopped in Fort Worth to have an early lunch. Ryan really wanted a hamburger so we stopped at Pappa's Burgers.



We found the museum without any trouble thanks for our handy, dandy GPS. How did I ever survive with out and my i-phone? I will never know.

We were there in plenty of time so we started out by watching the 3-D Egypt movie. It was a great way to start the afternoon and to get us in the mood for all things Egypt.





We had to wait in line for almost 40 minutes to get into the exhibit. Ryan was not happy about the wait, and I tried to explain to him that long lines were part of life.



The items in the exhibit were exquisite. Most were not from King Tut, but I try not to dwell on that part. I loved all of the jewelry and gold boxes from the tombs. There was one box that was from King Tut's tomb that was about the size of a small foot stool. It was adorned in gold and depicted King Tut and his wife in friendly, playful poses all over it. You could tell how much they were in love just from this one box.



Ryan picked out a fun t-shirt, fridge magnet, and really cool King Tut box from the gift shop. We left the museum exhausted but full of lots of new knowledge about Egypt.

No comments: