Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all of the special women in my life. To my mom for her infinite wisdom, guidance, and unconditional love. To my grandma for putting so much spark into everything that she does and showing us all how to live life to the fullest.

Today we celebrated all the moms in our family with a special brunch at my grandparent's house. The food was wonderful and we all ate way too much bacon. We had 3 different kinds of waffles and grandma made biscuits and milk gravy. I even got to help with the gravy and think I might be able to make it on my own. I know that Brad will love this since milk gravy is his favorite food next to a giant ribeye.

Everyone that knows me, knows that I love being a mom. I truly feel that God gave me a calling to be called mom. I am not a perfect mom--far from it, but I love my children with all my heart and I strive to show them God's love everyday.

I am a different kind of mom. I am a mom who has buried a child. I am thankful that not many moms bear that title. It is not a "cool" club to belong to. I hold my children extra tight and give into 5 more hugs before bed because we are not guaranteed anything on this earth. I hold my baby more than I should and think about my precious babies every second of the day. I still wake up several times a night to make sure that Emerson is OK even though she sleeps 2.5 feet from my bed.

I remember what it felt like 9 years ago when I became a mom. I was so happy to finally be a part of one of my favorite celebrations. My mom is an amazing woman and has always been an inspiration to me. When we were small she stayed home with us then she finished her bachelor's degree in 3 1/2 years. How she did this with 3 small children I will never know. My mom is an amazing teacher, phenomenal Grammy, fantastic mom, and my best friend. She is a woman to look up to. I remember thinking that day that I had big shoes to fill if I wanted to hold a candle to my mom.




Rachael & Ryan, Spring 2001





May 2006





Spring 2009

No comments: