Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Madeline

May 31, 2006 was a day that changed my life. It was a day that changed my story in a way that I never could have imagined. When we went to the hospital that morning my biggest fear was that she would be a boy instead of a little girl. Until that day I had never considered that anything would go wrong. Brad and I were so excited to meet our little girl. I had dreamed of this day since I was a little girl.



Three year ago, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Madeline Renae Hubbard. She was born May 31, 2006 at 1:41 pm and weighed 8 pounds 4.2 ounces and was 19 inches long. That morning she was fine. Her vitals and movement were perfect. I was taken off the fetal monitor after the nurse couldn't find her heartbeat and were left alone until they were ready for us in the surgical suite. We had no idea that that moment would change our lives forever. When Madeline was born at 1:41 pm she was not breathing. Everyone in the room went to work right away. I had prepared myself that she probably wouldn't cry right away since Ryan had a tiny bit of trouble when he was born. I held my breath and waited. Brad and I looked at each other in such shock and we couldn't believe what was happening. They worked on her for over 10 minutes, but she was gone.

She was so beautiful. She looked just like Brad with his lips, nose, and ears. She was perfect in every way. She had the most beautiful hair with natural highlights of red, brown, and blonde. She had blue eyes and the softest skin.

Madeline taught us about love. She taught us about family. She taught me to love my children in a way that I never knew before that Wednesday. She taught me to trust God and to love Him more than I ever thought possible. She is the reason I am the woman that I am today. I believe that God is faithful. He is righteous and He is holy. I believe that he has a perfect plan for my family's lives and I trust Him alone. I can hold my hands to Heaven and praise him for giving me Madeline for just a brief time on this earth. I can praise Him for May 31, 2006.

Happy Birthday baby girl! We love you so much and miss you every day. We can't wait for the day that we hold you in heaven and are reunited for eternity.











2 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Oh my goodness. Your story breaks my heart. Madeline was such a beautiful and precious little girl. Those pictures are amazing. I'm so glad to hear that your Rainbow Baby brings you joy every day. My thoughts are with you and your dear family.

Lea said...

Racheall - Madeline is so beautiful. I am so sorry she is not here with you.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. The support and understanding from others who, unfortunately, get this kind of pain is extremely comforting.