Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Brad and Ryan



Brad and Madeline

Brad and Emerson

Brad had to work this entire Father's Day weekend so we surprised him with a special breakfast when he came home Saturday morning. I made biscuits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. This was my first attempt at milk gravy and Brad gave me two thumbs up. I watched my grandmother carefully when she made it for our mother's day brunch last month. Milk gravy is Brad's favorite breakfast food and I wanted to make something that would be really special since we love him so much and are so thankful for the sacrifices that he makes for us.

I can't believe that 5 years have passed since Brad started college. It was a big decision for our family and we were not exactly sure how we were going to pull it off. Both my parents and Brad's parents helped us out countless times along the way and we are eternally grateful for everything. Brad and I have recounted a conversation many times that my dad had with him when deciding about college. My dad asked Brad, "Do you want to eat hot dogs for 4 years or for the rest of your life?" My dad sure was a smart man! The first two years of school Brad attended class full time and worked nights full time at Home Depot stocking the store. He literally had days that he came home to shower and had 15 minutes to sleep before driving back to town for class.

Brad just hit is 1 year mark with Hendrick and I am so proud of him! He works the night shift to provide extra for his family and makes sacrifices to keep us all taken care of. He is an amazing nurse and I am so proud of him. I love to watch his face light up when he talks about caring for others.

Happy Father's Day honey!

1 comment:

Katie K said...

Amazing that Dad was so encouraging of college when he never finished himself.... Way to go Brad, we know you have worked hard!