Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kason's Birthday Party

Saturday, June 6th we were invited to Kason's 5th birthday party. I have no idea how that little boy can be 5. Where has the time gone? I know that his mom would agree with me. Kason is the sweetest little boy I know. He is always super happy and loves seeing Ryan and Emerson. Emerson reminds me a lot of Kason, especially when she climbs on the chair, the kitchen table, or the coffee table. When Kason was little you could blink and he would be sitting on the kitchen table with the biggest smile on his face. I remember once I was watching the boys and I had to get onto him for something. I had to look the other way because I couldn't stop smiling. He was looking back at me with the silliest, most innocent face. The birthday party was at Mendy's brother's amazing home just south of Abilene. I don't think I have been to a more beautiful home (an we only saw the outside).



The boys swam for over 3 hours and Emerson was in the pool most of that time too. The big kids jumped from every surface imaginable. Mendy and I were the only adults brave (crazy) enough to get in the water. The water was FREEZING when we got it, but we quickly adjusted.


Ryan & Emerson


Ryan with the Miami Vice pose


Birthday boy Kason James


Big Brother Kallan Jack


Emerson was a trooper especially considering that we left the house at 9:30 that morning for the garage sale at Brittney's house. I love this picture. Her eyes steal my heart every day.



Emerson loved being in the pool with Mendy and her mom Kay. Mendy is my best friend and she & I met back at Mac Direct (along with her husband Cody). Mendy also was so kind to keep Emerson for me so that I could go back to work last spring immediately after they moved back to Abilene from Oklahoma City.



Emerson really wants to be a big kid. She saw the grown ups with bottles of water and had to have one too. It was so nice that she could sign to everyone what she wanted. She took a break from the water and enjoyed watching the kids from a lawn chair.



I would love to say that I had the pleasure of watching Kason open all of his presents, but I have a 17 month old. I took a couple of quick pictures and returned to my side job of chasing Emerson through the backyard.

No comments: