Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 13th--Hanging Out at Grammy's House


Helping Grammy refill the water


Waiting patiently for Miriam to eat her lunch


Grammy shows off her first green beans of the season!

a

Checking out the little red chair (that belonged to my dad when he was little, I think)


We all slept in Saturday morning and made our way over to Grammy's house to see everyone. Cameron went to visit one of her other grandparents, so we were down to 3 kids for the day. There was no set agenda for the day and we spent the morning and early afternoon just talking and watching the kids in action.

Emerson cooked lots of oatmeal in her play kitchen. I have to get pictures of her with her kitchen. She puts the pot under the sink and I turn the faucet. Then she sets everything on the little stove and stirs with a wooden play spoon. I am not sure why I always tell her that she is cooking oatmeal, but she plays along.

But, I digress. Mid-afternoon my mom and the big kids head out to the movies to see Up while Amy, Emerson, and I head out to shop. I can't remember the last time that we were together when there wasn't shopping to be had. We made our way over to the mall and as we were pulling into the parking lot we hear Emerson say, "Dillard's" and point at the store. We both looked at each other and could not believe what she had said! I definitely spend way too much time shopping. We spent about an hour and a half in Dillard's and left with only a webkins for Miriam's birthday party. We ventured around the mall and got new shoes for the girls before heading out.

It wouldn't be a Saturday if we didn't go to Target at least once. I am so thankful that Emerson is a good shopper. We took a break at Target and had a strawberry smoothie and popcorn (her favorites). We topped the evening with a trip to H-E-B for all of the groceries for Miriam's birthday party the next day. We managed to stay out way to late, but had so much fun just being silly sisters.

No comments: